Well, we finally made it to Memphis, TN, which is my hometown and where almost every single person of my family lives. We will be here for about a week and already have plans to have 2 Thanksgiving dinners and spend lots of time with family and friends. Time sure does fly when I am out of town, but I am pretty tired of traveling! Right now, Breyten is watching Mickey Mouse Club. He gets so excited and swings his little arms and legs while watching this show! It's really cute. I am really thankful that cartoons capture his attention, it makes long drives traveling everywhere so much better.
Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I have some things that I want to share that I am thankful for.
First of all, I am extremely thankful for being a child of God. I don't know how people make it through life without trusting in Christ. He sustains me, protects me, and encourages me. I know that all things work together for the good for them that believe in Him. Without Christ, who would I pray to protect my husband while he is away? I can have total trust that in Christ, whatever happens to Trenten, is in His hands. Not to mention, He gives me such peace that passes ALL understanding! Having a peaceful, joyful life is pretty awesome. Thanks be to God!
Second, I am really thankful for Trenten William Long. His sacrifices for our family will never be forgotten. His ministry is so important for all the sailors and marines who he is deployed with. He has a unique opportunity to be paid by the government while serving his country and share the Gospel with sailors and marines. He thinks it is the best of both jobs placed into one job.
Third, I am really thankful for Breyten William Long. He is such a good baby. He really fills my days (and nights). I can say honestly that it is a joy taking care of him. It really helps that he is so cute :) Makes those middle of the night feedings (which he had stopped doing at home but now that we are traveling and in strange places he thinks he needs) easier!
Fourth, I am thankful for family and friends. Being surrounded by people that love you and care about you is really nice. You don't have to do everything by yourself, you can lean on others. When I'm out of town, I have family and friends to lean on. When I'm at home in Virginia Beach, I have wonderful church friends to lean on and an AWESOME sister-in-law (Kendal, in case you didn't know ;) who helps me through the not-so-good days. But, those days don't last and God mercies are new each morning.
~Ashton
No comments:
Post a Comment