Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5, 2010

Wow, I have waited a long time for this day to come. You see, my sister-in-law Kendal took a picture of my niece Karalyn exactly 1 year after she found out she was pregnant with her. She sent me the picture as I was pregnant the first time and had a miscarriage in April of 2009. I told myself that one day I would be able to take a picture of my baby one year after finding out I was pregnant with him or her.
Well today is the day!! Exactly one year ago today, I got a nice "pregnant" sign on my easy clear blue pregnancy test. Such a relief after all those stupid "not pregnant" signs I had gotten for months. I started immediately crying my eyes out. Trenten thought there was something really wrong with me (I don't cry very often). Then, I showed him the pregnancy test and he was so elated!! My next emotion was fear and then worry because I was wondering if this pregnancy would end like my last one. But, praise God, it didn't! And, now I have a beautiful baby boy! I took lots of pictures today :) Here are some of them:
Breyten William Long, 16 weeks old

Such chubby cheeks, very kissable!

I'm ready for cereal, why are you wasting time taking my picture?

You are too slow, Mom, I will do it myself.
~Ashton

1 comment:

  1. I just caught myself up on your blogs! :) Love the sweet pictures of your baby!!! so sweet!! Enjoyed reading the letter from your brother... made me tear up. Praise God for the military... even though the reasoning for war seems so vague sometimes. Their sacrifices are truely heroic.

    ReplyDelete