Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Getting Organized
I have a stack of unread magazines underneath one of my living room end tables. My nieces frequently organize them for me when they come over (not really :). Anyway, they are there for me when I get times to read them. Like today while I was eating my lunch. One of my favorite magazines is Family Circle because I can always find something in there such as advice or recipes that I would actually use. So, today I read an article on getting organized, and it had some great ideas! First of all, it said recycle the plastic containers (which I do not like to keep but Trenten always insists for "just incase", but he is not here...) and only keep the absolute ones that you use. So, I did. I prefer recycling to throwing stuff away (I know that plastic containers really don't matter, but it makes me feel better). Also, Va Beach has an excellent recycle program in which they give each house a garbage can (but it's blue) to be filled with recycled items and the city picks it up every 2 weeks. So, it's really easy to do. Next, it suggested to organize the linen closet by putting the matching flat sheet, linen sheet, and one pillow case into the second pillow case. I never would have thought to do that, but it worked and it freed up an entire shelf in my linen closet. A miracle! Now, I have an organized linen closet. Yay! It also said to get rid of the countless insurance and credit offers go to optoutprescreen.com and sign up for the opt out for 5 years option (towards the bottom of the page). We shall see if it works! It had about 30 different organizing ideas, but these are the ones I actually did. Yes, Kendal, you should be proud of me, I'm organizing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment