Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our "Coming Home" Episode

Our first sight of the USS Kearsarge


Trenten came home to us the morning of May 16, 2011. After not seeing him for almost 9 months straight, I really did not believe that I would be seeing him that morning. I kept asking my SIL Kendal if it were really happening today. She assured me that it was. Our first glimpse of his ship was so reassuring! Seeing all the sailors dressed in their summer whites and Manning the Rails was so amazing. Definitely will be the best day of my year! Transition into a family of 3 happened instantly. I really thought it would take a week to get reacquainted, but Breyten instantly recognized Trenten (maybe not as his dad, but at least someone he knew). It's been truly amazing having help with Breyten (I didn't know what that was like!) Trenten has jumped right in with diaper changes, feeding, bathing, playing (his favorite part!), and even getting up early with him in the mornings so that I can sleep in! What a great dad! 

Our 1st glimpse of Trenten!

Finally!

Hey, I know this guy

So Sweet!

Family picture

No comments:

Post a Comment