Sunday, May 1, 2011

This day one year ago...

May 1, 2010 was my last full day of work. I can't believe it has been an entire year that I have not worked. I remember well the 12 to 13 hour work days at the hospital, trying to not vomit on co-workers or patients, having trouble bending down, having to use the bathroom 150 times a shift, eating every 30 minutes... I know that I was not so pleasant to work with the last few weeks...


I was also wondering what it would be like to give birth to my son and what he would be like. Could I handle being a mother by myself for most of his first year? How would I handle being away from my supportive husband and my best friend for 9 months? 


I can say that God has blessed me so much financially this year, has given me a beautiful baby boy who is healthy and playful (although teething right now), and we are almost done with the deployment. I can finally say: HE IS COMING HOME SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment