Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reflection on Marriage

As Trenten and my 5th anniversary is approaching in two days, I can't help but think about all that we have accomplished in just 5 years. I was 19 when we got married (although 1 week from turning 20), about to start nursing school (junior in college), and not really sure what being a Godly wife was all about. Trenten had just graduated from college with his Bachelor's of Arts in Secondary Education for English, and he was just about to start seminary for his Master's of Divinity. We had no full time jobs since we were both students. I, to this day, I have no idea how we paid for some bills. God always provided for us! We lived in seminary housing, and one day, we came home to a bag of groceries at our front door! We received many gifts of money during that time. We ended up graduating (both of us) debt free, not sure how that occurred except by God's grace. We have gone through the death of a parent, cancer of a parent, death of an unborn baby, and much more. We have been blessed beyond measure by God, and I am truly thankful. I would say that this year we are both most thankful for having Breyten in our lives. He is truly an answer to prayer and we love him so much! I am truly thankful for marrying a man who is Godly, a great provider, awesome dad, and loving husband. I am very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment