Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting used to being home...

So, we have been home almost a week since all of our holiday travels. I feel rested, finally! I did not do ANYTHING on New Years' Day, not even get dressed. Apparently, that's what my body needed, because on Sunday, I woke up for church feeling very refreshed. Breyten "slept in" until 4:30 this morning. This is major progress for us! Way better than getting up at midnight, then 1:30, then 3, you get the picture. He isn't hungry when he wakes up at those times, he just can't fall back to sleep when he wakes up in the middle of the night. 


On another note, I was glad to find out that resuming my exercising on the treadmill was not difficult after a 2 week absence from travels. I can now run one mile in 10 minutes (that's going 6.0 mph!) I've never been into running or exercising, so that is really good for me! 


On another, another note, my brother-in-law left for his deployment this morning. He leaves his wife and two little girls behind. Please pray for them, deployments are not fun for anyone...  especially on the day that you have to say goodbye, that is the worst! My sister-in-law is stopping by this morning to hang out and let Breyten borrow a few toys. He is now too "grown up" for his swing and floor mat (he isn't even 5 months!) So, she is bringing an exersaucer and jumperoo. Yay! Breyten is going to be her best friend!


2 comments:

  1. deployment day suckkks! anddd... uhh... I try to consistently work out, and I definitely can't run a mile in 10 minutes!! way to go, Ashton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -I can only imagine how hard that would be... i'll be praying for them and you!
    -Congrats on the treadmill.. I need to be better about working out!
    -I like the signature... :)

    ReplyDelete